Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Just some Saturday evening thoughts



The day after I arrived here in Malonno last year for my au pair experience I set out to go for a walk in the woods and somehow got lost whilst also managing to fall over running uphill... In the end I made it out of the woods stumbled into the road, came across a sign for Malonno and took a picture.

Il giorno dopo sono arrivata qui a Malonno l'anno scorso per la mia esperienza au pair, ho deciso di fare una passeggiata nel bosco e in qualche modo mi sono persa riuscendo anche a cadere correndo in salita ... Alla fine sono uscita dal bosco ho trovato un cartello per Malonno e ho fatto una foto.


So much has changed since I took that first pic but today I took another just to remind myself of how far I've come and that getting lost every once in a while isn't a bad thing. In fact it's the getting lost, falling down, setbacks & hardships that help to write a more interesting story.

Sono cambiate tante cose da quando ho scattato la prima foto, ma oggi ne ho scattata un'altra solo per ricordare a me stessa quanto sono arrivata  lontano e che perdersi ogni tanto non è una brutta cosa. In effetti, sono lo smarrirsi, il cadere, le battute d'arresto e le difficoltà che aiutano a scrivere una storia più interessante.


I may be that same timid, slightly naive girl from Wales who stumbled uphill in the woods last summer but I've fallen over and picked myself back up many many many times since then & every day living here in Malonno, my dream home surrounded by the mountains makes me want to do better, to be better.

Potrei essere la stessa ragazza timida e un po' ingenua del Galles che è inciampata in salita nei boschi la scorsa estate, ma sono caduta e mi sono rialzata molte, molte volte da allora e ogni giorno vivo qui a Malonno, la mia casa dei sogni in montagna mi fa venire voglia di fare di meglio, di essere migliore.


The ups & the downs - grateful for it all. It makes me smile to think the best is yet to come because right now life feels pretty damn good.

Gli alti e bassi - grata per tutto questo. Mi fa sorridere pensare che il meglio deve ancora venire perché in questo momento la vita è dannatamente bella.


Happy Sunday to you all!

Heidi 💛


No comments:

Post a Comment