Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Mundine! (or chestnuts πŸ˜‰)

Do you like chestnuts?

Ti piacciono le castagne?

A year ago, when I first moved here I had never eaten a chestnut before... Now I love them!

Un anno fa, quando mi sono trasferita qui per la prima volta, non avevo mai mangiato una castagna... Adesso le amo!


This Autumn I've been enjoying collecting the chestnuts from the woods here in Malonno. Last year I wasn't very enthusiastic about it, but now I love to fill up a bag with chestnuts and to bring them home ready to roast on the fire outside with John. 

Quest'autunno mi sono divertita a raccogliere le castagne dal bosco qui a Malonno. L'anno scorso non ne ero molto entusiasta, ma ora adoro riempire un sacchetto di castagne e portarle a casa pronte da cuocere sul fuoco fuori con John.


But now it's almost the end of November, so there aren't many (or any) left to collect. πŸ˜₯

Ma ora Γ¨ quasi la fine di novembre, quindi non ce ne sono molte da raccolgliere. πŸ˜₯


But I can't complain, I've eaten plenty of chestnuts this year! 

Ma non posso lamentarmi, quest'anno ho mangiato tantissime castagne!


This evening myself and John roasted the final pan of chestnuts on the fire outside. 

Stasera io e John abbiamo arrostito l'ultima padella di castagne sul fuoco fuori.



As usual, Macchia was there to help too!

Come di solito, Macchia era anche lΓ¬ per aiutare!



I love how chestnuts are part of the tradition here. When I eat chestnuts, it makes me feel part of the community even more. 

Adoro come le castagne fanno parte della tradizione qui. Quando mangio le castagne mi fa sentire ancora di piΓΉ parte della comunitΓ .


We are Malonnesi and we eat chesnuts! πŸ˜‰

Noi, ci siamo Malonnesi e noi mangiamo le castagne! (o mundine!) πŸ˜‰


See you tomorrow!

Heidi





No comments:

Post a Comment